Thursday, February 10, 2011

Moving from 2010 to 2011

So it has been awhile since I have written in my blog.  So this year I am going to try and write in here more.  Well first off, I think 2010 was a fairly good year for me.  I continued a pretty awesome relationship.  I worked for some great clients within the company I work for.  I also started working for one of the greatest families I have met.  They have 2 wonderful kids that make me enjoy coming to work.  I graduated college, which I feel deserves recognition.  But anyways...that's enough about the past...

I welcomed the new year with open arms and totally look forward to all it may bring my way.  Even in the first 2 months of the new year I have loved it.  I have become a healthier person and someone who is for once looking forward to the things to come.  I have always known I needed to be a healthier person (even in high school), but I never really was motivated enough to do anything and kept just putting it off until a later time.  Well within the first week of January I just got up and decided I'm gonna do it and I did.

I began my journey to a new and healthier me.  I have so far managed to add more color to my diet and each meal, I wake up feeling better about myself and the day, and I have lost weight; which was much needed.

At first my thoughts were that I wasn't gonna be able to do it or that I didn't have the self-control to do it.  But as I continue to push myself to new limits, I find myself beginning to become the person I used to be.  The kid who grew up and was one of the most confident people around and would talk to anyone.  As I gained weight in high school and college I lost a lot of myself and who I was and wanted to be, I especially lost my self-confidence; which was huge to me.  I needed that back.  So instead of sitting on my ass 24/7 I get up and get out.  I honestly can't remember the last time I went to the driving range for self enjoyment, but about two weeks ago I did and it was awesome, just to be out and doing something active and fun.  I plan on starting to play tennis as the weather gets a little warmer on a consistent basis to continue to keep me focused and motivated.

I hope that my new journey will lead me to a place where I can be me in all situations and not have to fake happiness.

Here is my 2010 in some photographs:

Finally a college graduate

Brooke, Mary, Zoe, Donny, and myself went to the drive-in theater

Brooke and I drove to Florida to see my dad...

We spent a lot of time on the city pier

My sister got married...Congrats! Love you!

No comments: