Thursday, February 10, 2011

Holidays

So it is almost Valentine's day...A day I used to boycott in grade school as well as just object to.  I feel the idea of Valentine's day is not heartfelt...To me when you love someone you should show them some form of love and appreciation everyday, not just one day out of the year.  To me it is a huge Hallmark holiday.  Although I do not whole heartedly believe in the idea of Valentine's day, I do respect that others do and it is a big thing for them.

So when it comes to holidays for me, I usually try to come up with creative ways to show the people around me I appreciate them and love them.  For instance at Christmas I usually send my parents something meaningful and write them something.  I remember one mothers day I wrote my mom a poem (which I am sure is somewhere around her house) and she called me telling me I almost made her cry.  Last year I made my significant other cards for each holiday and just wrote from my heart.  So here we are again as we approach one big holiday around love, I am trying to come up with ways to show people I love and appreciate them, it gets hard after setting the bar so high for yourself.  I just have to remind myself that it is the little things that matter most in life.

So we will see...

No comments: